Alejandra Vargas Muñoz
Cellist / Researcher
Student of the Master's Degree in Musicology at the National University of Colombia. Graduated from the Sergio Arboleda University as a Master in Music with an emphasis on Cello, she previously received classes from maestro Gabriel Guzmán at the Marguz Chamber Music Foundation. She worked as a teacher at the Bogotá Philharmonic Orchestra during 2018, currently is a cello teacher at CAFAM.
She has performed as a cello soloist on various national and international stages. In addition, she has participated in different groups such as the Estudiantina of the Sergio Arboleda University and the orchestra of the University of Los Andes.
She has been invited as a soloist to accompany international events and campaigns such as There Still Time 40 Countries 1 message, by the international musician Cameron Brown- (2018) and with international brands such as Vogue and Samsung in the launch of products.
As a researcher, she was a speaker in 2019 at the 16th International Council for Traditional Music in Uruguay in the investigative symposium, on “Popular theater music and rituals”. Making an iconographic approach to the title of his thesis "Symphonic instruments in the estudiantinas of the mid-twentieth century"
● Festival Bandola - Cellist accompanying the singers Martha Elena Hoyos and Victoria Sur (2019)
● Sibila (Woman Music and Tradition Festival) - Special guest in a female trio with four and maracas (2019)
● FILBO (Bogotá International Book Fair) - Guest of honor with singer Martha Elena Hoyos in Bogotá
● Hayuelos International Music Festival - Guest of honor with Maderas al Viento, an event organized by the
Bogotá Symphony Orchestra (2018)
● Universidad de los Andes Concert - First row cello performer Fabio Lozano Auditorium in Bogotá (2018)
● XII Cartagena International Music Festival - Masterclass Assistant (2018)
● University Concerts Fabio Lozano Auditorium- Winner as classical soloist on behalf of the University
Sergio Arboleda (2017)